NOVASOURCE® Renal helps you get more calories and protein into your diet. Be sure to ask your doctor or registered dietitian how much of the NOVASOURCE® Renal is right for you.
While it is only one serving, it can seem like a lot to drink. Here are a few tips to help you drink the recommended amount of NOVASOURCE® Renal beverage during your dialysis treatment:
- Sip NOVASOURCE® Renal slowly during your treatment. Don’t try to drink the recommended amount all at once. NOTE: Be sure to follow your facility's protocol on eating and drinking during dialysis.
- Sip a little each time your blood pressure is measured.
At home, you can add these easy flavoring options to 1 serving of NOVASOURCE® Renal vanilla flavor:
- • Add 1-2 TBSP of sugar-free syrups, such as Chocolate, Strawberry, Caramel or Maple Syrup
- • Add 1/4 – 1/2 TSP of your favorite extract, such as orange, raspberry, strawberry, pineapple, cherry, maple, cinnamon, coconut, banana, almond, or mint
- • NOTE: DO NOT use acidic flavorings, such as citrus juices or products with citric acid, as these will cause the NOVASOURCE® Renal to curdle.
- • Want to expand your horizons? NOVASOURCE® Renal is also available in Strawberry and Café Mocha flavors.